Health and Physical Education
Health and Physical Education Curriculum.
Health and Physical Education (HPE) focuses on students enhancing their own and others’ health, safety, wellbeing and physical activity.
HPE offers students an experiential and contemporary curriculum that is relevant, challenging and enjoyable. Students begin to observe, and evaluate the skill performance of their peers, through feedback.
Students will practice developing their basic motor skills in a range of activities. They are also introduced to more complex skills requiring greater precision, accuracy and control.
Some of the sports used to achieve this are separated in the following categories;
● Invasion Games (Soccer, Basketball, AFL, Rugby, Netball, Hockey)
● Striking and Fielding (Softball, Cricket, T-Ball)
● Net and Wall (Volleyball, Tennis, Table Tennis, Badminton)
● Fitness (Athletics, Dance, Gymnastics)
● Swimming (Water Safety and Stroke Development)